Summary Environmental Policy
It is Touch Vision's policy to minimise the impact of our corporate activities on the environment wherever possible. TouchVision is committed to complying with all applicable legal requirements and to promoting a culture of continued improvement.
Our current Environmental Policy is committed towards the requirements of ISO14001 and incorporates the following elements:
- As the majority of incoming electronic equipment generates large amounts of cardboard wastage, all such material should be in the first instance re-used, and if not practical all such material is compacted and then recycled using on site facilities;
- All office waste such as paper, envelopes, cardboard, printer cartridges etc; are recycled wherever possible and as a matter of course;
- All suppliers and goods supplied must comply with the Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment ("RoHS") and Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment ("WEEE") directives;
- The company shall use local suppliers wherever possible;
- When not in use, all office equipment should be turned off. The company uses low voltage long life lighting products;
- Where possible, transportation should be shared to minimise impact on the environment;
- All vehicles will be Diesel fuelled and must comply with all fuel efficiency standards;
- The company will promote a product range associated with improving environmental efficiency including Video Conferencing, and low energy consuming audio visual products where possible, keeping our customers informed of environmentally advantageous solutions whenever available;
- The company will promote and pioneer the use of remote diagnostics and content management for audio visual installations, especially digital signage systems in order to minimise physical journeys required and reduce environmental waste;
- It is the company's long term aim to move towards a point of Carbon Neutrality by the year 2015.